There’s a unique thrill that comes from carving down Colorado’s pristine slopes, feeling the rush of cold air against your face, and the satisfying burn in your muscles. But for many, the experience isn’t complete without indulging in the après ski culture. It’s that magical time after the last run when skiers and snowboarders gather to share tales of the day’s adventures over food, drinks, and live music. Here’s a tour of the top après ski locations in Colorado and why they’re unparalleled in their offerings:
- The Little Nell – Aspen:
- Why it’s the best: Aspen’s reputation as a playground for the elite is well-deserved, and The Little Nell epitomizes this luxury. Positioned at the base of Aspen Mountain, this spot boasts a posh setting, gourmet dishes, and an extensive wine list. The outdoor patio with fire pits is the ideal place to lounge and people-watch.
- T-Bar, Breckenridge:
- Why it’s the best: Situated at the base of Peak 8, T-Bar is the heart of Breckenridge’s après ski scene. The buzzing atmosphere with energetic live bands, combined with a menu of hearty comfort food, makes this a hotspot for both tourists and locals.
- The Remedy Bar – Vail:
- Why it’s the best: Overlooking the majestic Gore Range, The Remedy Bar in Four Seasons Vail is where contemporary chic meets mountain ruggedness. The cocktail menu is innovative, with bartenders whipping up concoctions that pay homage to the local culture.
- Last Lift Bar – Keystone:
- Why it’s the best: A favorite among the younger crowd, Last Lift Bar offers a lively atmosphere with live bands and DJs spinning tracks till late. Their nacho plates are legendary and pair perfectly with a local brew.
- Butte 66 Roadhouse Bar & Grille – Crested Butte:
- Why it’s the best: A classic roadhouse vibe with a Colorado twist, Butte 66 offers jaw-dropping mountain views from its deck. With a simple yet delicious menu and a selection of local drafts, this is the place to soak in the sunset hues after a day on the slopes.
- Gorrono Ranch – Telluride:
- Why it’s the best: This mid-mountain ski lodge offers not just food and drinks but an experience. With multiple live bands and a variety of food stations, Gorrono Ranch exudes rustic charm. Don’t miss lounging on their “beach” area with Adirondack chairs!
- The Umbrella Bar at Ten Peaks – Crested Butte:
- Why it’s the best: 360-degree panoramic views of the Elk Mountains greet you here. Whether you’re sitting around the circular bar or warming up by the fire pits, this place encapsulates mountain magic like no other.
- Slopeside Grill – Steamboat Springs:
- Why it’s the best: As the name suggests, Slopeside Grill is literally on the slopes. The large patio area is the star attraction, and their pizza and wings are must-haves. Combine that with their live music, and you’ve got a winner.
In the world of après ski, Colorado is truly king. Each location, with its distinct charm and offerings, ensures that once the skiing is done, the fun is only just beginning. So, the next time you’re in the Centennial State, make sure to cap off your ski day at one of these iconic spots. Your ski boots, cold fingers, and rosy cheeks will thank you!
#RockyMountainRevelry #SkiAndSipColorado #ElevatedEvenings #ApresAlpineAdventures #ColoradoCocktailChill