Sugar cookies are a wonderful way to celebrate Christmas. In addition to being easy to shape into holiday characters and fun to eat, they also make terrific decorations. Read on to find out how it’s done.
Make Your Sugar Cookie
To make your sugar cookie you will need:
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Use a mixer to mix butter and sugar, then add egg and vanilla. Mix until fluffy.
- Slowly add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until it acquires a doughy texture.
- Divide the dough in half. Mix one half with cocoa powder until streaks are eliminated. Roll each ball so they are ½ cm. thick and place them between two sheets of parchment paper. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats and set them aside.
- Use cookie cutters to shape the rolled-out dough as desired. Gather the leftover dough, roll out and repeat.
- Place the cookies on a lined baking sheet. Use a chopstick to poke a hole on the top of the cookie so a ribbon can be strung through to hang it.
- Bake the cookies for 8- 10 minutes. The edges should be golden brown.
- Remove from heat and allow the cookies to cool for five minutes. Transfer them to a wire rack and allow them to cool completely. If the holes aren’t completely open, widen them with a toothpick.
- Pipe decorations onto cookies with icing.
- Once the cookies are cooled, string the ribbon through the hole and hang them from your tree.
Other Sugar Cookie Ornament Options
If you love the look of sugar cookie ornaments but aren’t much of a baker, or if you’re hoping your sugar cookies would last more than just one season, you can buy ornaments with a sugar cookie design. There are blown glass ornaments for sale that have a sugar cookie look that will add class to any tree. They are available in a variety of designs ensuring you will find one that’s perfectly suited for your aesthetic.
If you are a fan of sugar cookie decorations, you have two options; make your own or buy them premade. If you make your own, you will make decorating even more fun as you will bake the cookies and hang them. If you buy them, you will have a long-lasting product to enjoy year after year.
Both options are winners. Which will you choose?
#SweetDecor #DIYChristmas #CookieOrnaments #FestiveBaking #EdibleDecor #ChristmasCreativity #SugarCookieOrnaments #HolidayBakeTime #ChristmasCrafts #FestiveDIY #HomemadeHoliday #SugarCookieDecor