The holiday season is just around the corner, and nothing gets us in the festive spirit quite like a good old-fashioned Christmas market. Texas may not be the first place that comes to mind when you think of traditional European-style Christmas markets, but there are actually quite a few great ones to check out throughout the state. Here are our picks for the top 10 Christmas markets in Texas:
- Christkindl Market – Arlington: This annual market in the Dallas-Fort Worth area is inspired by traditional German Christkindlmarkets, featuring vendors selling handmade crafts, delicious food and drink, and live music and entertainment.
- German Christmas Market – Tomball: Hosted by the Tomball German Heritage Society, this market features traditional German food and drinks, live music, and plenty of shopping opportunities for unique Christmas gifts.
- Dickens on Main – Boerne: This charming event in the Hill Country town of Boerne is inspired by the works of Charles Dickens and features holiday-themed vendors, live entertainment, and plenty of photo opportunities.
- Houston Ballet Nutcracker Market – Houston: This massive annual market at the NRG Center features over 250 vendors selling everything from holiday decor to clothing and accessories, with proceeds benefiting the Houston Ballet Foundation.
- Holiday at the Arboretum – Dallas: This festive event takes place at the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden, featuring a Christmas village with vendors selling holiday-themed items, as well as a beautiful display of over one million twinkling lights.
- Christkindlmarket – Houston: Held at the popular shopping destination, The Square at Memorial City, this market features traditional German food and drinks, live entertainment, and plenty of unique shopping opportunities.
- Weihnachtsmarkt – Fredericksburg: This weekend-long event in the charming Hill Country town of Fredericksburg features a variety of vendors selling handmade goods, live music, and plenty of holiday cheer.
- Georgetown Christmas Stroll – Georgetown: This annual event in the historic downtown area of Georgetown features over 150 vendors selling handmade crafts and unique gifts, as well as plenty of food and drink options and live music.
- Holiday Artisan Market – Austin: Hosted by the Austin Flea, this market at the ABGB features local artisans selling their handmade wares, as well as live music and plenty of food and drink options.
- Christmas at the Silos – Waco: This event at Magnolia Market, the home and lifestyle brand created by Chip and Joanna Gaines, features a holiday market with vendors selling handmade goods and plenty of photo opportunities throughout the beautifully decorated property.
Whether you’re looking for traditional German-inspired markets or more unique local offerings, Texas has plenty of options to get you in the holiday spirit. Make sure to mark these top 10 Christmas markets on your calendar for a festive and unforgettable holiday season.