Airports are no longer just transit hubs; they’ve evolved into microcosms of culinary diversity, offering an array of restaurants and eateries for every palate. George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH), the second largest passenger hub in Texas, is a standout example of this evolution. For the food enthusiasts out there, here’s your ultimate guide to the best restaurants at IAH in 2023.
- EmberLocated at Terminal C, Ember, helmed by James Beard award-winning chef Chris Shepherd, offers modern Texas comfort food. Its menu boasts a range of mouthwatering dishes, from seared scallops to Texas chili. Make sure to check out their wine list, which features a diverse selection from around the world.
- Pappasito’s CantinaCraving Tex-Mex? Pappasito’s Cantina at Terminal E is the place to be. The restaurant offers a vibrant, festive atmosphere and a menu full of classic dishes such as enchiladas, fajitas, and their famous ‘Pappasito’s Famous Shrimp Brochette.’
- Pappadeaux Seafood KitchenFor seafood lovers, Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen in Terminal E is a must-visit. Known for its Cajun specialties, this restaurant offers a delicious menu featuring items like the ‘Crispy Atlantic Salmon & Scallop,’ ‘Lobster Bisque,’ and a wide range of fresh oysters. Don’t miss their drink menu, which boasts a broad selection of cocktails and wines.
- OlioFor those looking for lighter, healthier fare, Olio, located in Terminal E, is a panini bar offering an array of delicious sandwiches and salads. The restaurant also offers a variety of gluten-free and vegan options, catering to a wide array of dietary needs.
- Cadillac Mexican Kitchen & Tequila BarLocated at Terminal A, Cadillac Mexican Kitchen & Tequila Bar offers an extensive list of tequilas and a menu packed with delicious Mexican cuisine. Try the ‘Street Tacos’ or ‘Chicken Enchiladas,’ and don’t forget to sample one of their signature margaritas.
- The Breakfast KlubThe popular Houston restaurant, The Breakfast Klub, has a location at Terminal A. Known for its soul food breakfast offerings, it’s the perfect spot to grab a bite before an early morning flight. The ‘Katfish & Grits’ and ‘Wings & Waffle’ are menu favorites.
- Hubcap GrillIf you’re in the mood for a gourmet burger, head to Hubcap Grill in Terminal A. Renowned in Houston, the eatery offers hearty, delicious burgers and a selection of craft beers.
- Le Grand ComptoirThis wine bar at Terminal C offers a wide variety of wines from around the world, complemented by a menu of light bites, salads, sandwiches, and more. It’s the perfect spot for a pre-flight unwind.
George Bush Intercontinental Airport offers a world of flavors, ensuring that you can enjoy a delightful meal no matter how short your layover. So the next time you find yourself at IAH, embark on a culinary journey right from within the airport. Bon appétit and safe travels!
Savor your way through George Bush Intercontinental Airport with our guide to the best restaurants at IAH in 2023. #AirportEats #TravelGuide #FoodieTravels